Saturday, July 11, 2020

July 9, 2020

Made myself some eggs and toast.  Made J4 some waffles.  The other three took care of themselves.  Jared went to work.  He took some of P7's outgrown clothes to give to someone he knows who can use them.

The five of us went outside to wait for the bus to bring the breakfasts/lunches.  (Yes, I know I just said my kids ate breakfast.  They'll still eat some of what the bus brings and save the rest for later.  They never stop.)  Kids rode their bikes around the driveway while waiting for the bus.  The bus brought Lucky Charms and the Italian hoagies the kids like.  They're happy.

Prepared dinner for the crockpot and searched some old workbooks to find some basic math to work with P7 on, as she wasn't ready for what we tried to work on yesterday.  As I was preparing the chicken for the slow cooker, I had a conversation with D15 about molecular magnetism, among other things.  I discovered that the carrot dish I had planned to make with the Fauxtisserie Chicken also required a slow cooker, and the only other slow cooker I have is too tiny.  So I'll have to save the carrots for another day and check on the broccoli rice casserole.  I can't prepare that until closer to dinner time, but at least I've read the recipe now and I know what I'll need to do and how long it'll take.

Peeled oranges at the table while P7 and B12 worked on math.  I have so many oranges.  They keep coming from the school bus.  I'm going to take them to Jared's dad's so he can help me freeze-dry them.

Got ready and left for Park Day.  It doesn't start til 1, but I left at noon because I have a package to pick up at the post office.  Picked up the package, went to the park.  Five other families showed up.  Kids played together well, but they ended up muddy and wet from the ditch at Kiwanis park.  I peeled and sectioned oranges while I was there.  Some of the kids (mine and others') ate some of the oranges, but I didn't care a bit... I had SO MANY.

Went to Jared's dad's and got the oranges started.  He put some peaches and some taffy in with them.  The kids ate cookies and candy like they always do at Grandma's house, and we left pretty quickly to take B12 to meet his cousin at the football field.  Then we went home to prepare dinner.

I got home and made the broccoli and rice casserole as planed.  Jared got home with B12 and we ate dinner.  All the kids needed baths after playing in the ditch.  I played a game of Battleship with P7, Jared played one with B12.  I folded some more laundry and completed some more dictations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment