Sunday, July 12, 2020

July 11, 2020

Yesterday was my anniversary.  We've been married 16 years.  I volunteered at the Bountiful Baskets site, visited Strings and Things to get D15's guitar string fixed and purchase a case for his guitar, then returned home.  I did a transcription, but after that I was just tired from being out in the heat volunteering.  (It was 100 degrees here today.)  I took a shower and then sat and watched TV for a bit.  Jared and I plan to go out to dinner tonight, so D15 is making dinner for the kids.  He's making pork chops and macaroni and cheese.

Jared called and said he'd be late coming home due to a late arrest.  No big deal since he took today off and we can stay out a bit later.  I still don't like being out too late because I don't like the kiddos being home alone when it's dark.  We went to Applebees.  Jared had some gift cards from his birthday.  It was nice to get out a bit.  It's nice having a 15-year-old at home to watch the littles.  :)  (Though they were ALL still up when we got home at 10:30 pm!)  After dinner we went to visit one of Jared's work friends to pick up some kid stuff for one of Julia's friends who got a very sudden opportunity to adopt. 

Jared took today off from work.  We slept late, then made pancakes, bacon, and eggs for breakfast.  Homemade pico on the eggs makes it special! 

He took the trash to the dump, picked up some more stuff for Julia's friend, did some grocery shopping, and checked on my freeze-dried oranges at his dad's house.  Oranges are still juicy, so Dad's gonna give them some more time.  When he got home, he worked on some projects outside.

I did laundry, vacuumed the living room, a few other chores, and fixed dinner.  We had Reuben Strambolis https://www.plantoeat.com/recipes/24620489/35240551 and Vanilla Pecan Carrots https://www.plantoeat.com/recipes/17624370/35241270

After dinner, we took the kids to the Dairy Queen drive-through :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment