Wednesday, July 8, 2020

July 7, 2020

Busy day.

Made breakfast hash and eggs for breakfast.

Picked up my order at Sams Club.  They were really slow.  Almost made us late for P7's well-child check.

P7 had to visit the doctor.  She's 51 pounds, 48 inches.  A little on the small side, but healthy.  Doctor suggested we get her eyes checked.  She told him she likes strawberries, watermelon, and carrots.  I've never seen her eat a carrot.

I took her to the McDonalds drive-through for lunch.  The others got lunch on their own at home.

B12 went to the orthodontist to see if he was ready for his phase 2 braces.  He's not.  His teeth haven't changed a bit since he was seen six months ago.  Orthodontist said his baby eye teeth may need to be pulled if they don't come out soon because they're causing the secondary ones to come out the front.

D15 was supposed to do some range driving time with the driving instructors, but it got canceled because the car is broken down.  They'll call to reschedule.  In the meantime, he has his learner's permit and can drive with me or Jared at any time.  Maybe we're just nervous, but we prefer him to get some time in with the instructors first.

Children and Teen Theater were canceled for the summer due to COVID, but they're offering an online session.  I got P7 and D15 signed up for it.  I also got D15 signed up for another session of Teen Improv with Cates Creative.

B12 went to practice football with his cousin, though we're still not sure either of them are going to be having a football season this year.

Jared found a cool butterfly on the back porch.  It's all black, but you can see subtle designs in its wings.  We'll have to look it up and find out what it is.  It was almost as big as my hand!

D15 worked on algebra, practiced his cursive handwriting, did a descriptive writing paragraph that I have yet to read, studied the periodic table of elements, and practiced Spanish on DuoLingo.

B12 practiced word problems and started understanding angle measurements today.

P7 practiced her reading with me.  She's ready for her next reader.

J4 studied the letter B.

Jared did a Botany unit will all four... studying self-pollinators, the he grilled New Mexico Cheeseburgers for dinner which we served with pico, sour cream, and avocado (the traditionalists at the table just at theirs on a bun with ketchup), with fries from the freezer.

I printed out some cards from photzy.com to possibly help me learn to take better pictures.  Hopefully I can find some time to work on it.

While taking care of the animals for the evening, B12 discovered a wild duck that has been coming often to visit with our two domestic ducks.  Kinda cool.  Hope he doesn't teach them to fly!

We read the text message from the missionaries, had prayer (it was my turn), and went to bed.  Well, the kids went to bed while I finished my transcription.  :)

Cut Jared's hair, took a shower, browsed Facebook, and went to bed.  Left my clippers out because I may cut the boys' hair tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment