Thursday, July 9, 2020

July 8, 2020

When I got up this morning, B12 and P7 were feeding the animals.  D15 was working on his Spanish.

We went outside to wait for the bus to bring the kids' breakfast/lunch packs.  While waiting, we saw the Farmington Police Bearcat head north out of the city.  Makes me curious where it's going and why, but I'll never know.  D15 and P7 pumped their arms to honk a few semi-trucks, and the bus showed up.  J4 explained to the bus driver why he was wet (he was playing with the water while B12 was watering the garden) and explain what all the letters were on the bus step (the WATCH YOUR STEP sign).

On the way in, I noticed the hanging plants were looking dry, so B12 watered them.

While studying biology, D15 came across the elements song, and now he's determined to memorize it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2cfju6GTNs

I have some poblano peppers from my Bountiful Basket http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/ that need to be used up, so I found a recipe.  I might try it tomorrow https://www.isabeleats.com/tex-mex-sausage-breakfast-casserole/.

Jared called me from work to let me know he responded to a call at work for a woman we both know.  Not sure why he wanted to tell me that, but it makes me feel good that he thinks of me during this workday and finds reasons to call.  He didn't know where the Bearcat was going or why.

Kids are on their own for breakfast today.  P7 is learning to make her own dippy eggs, B12 made oatmeal, and D15 had cereal.  I fixed toaster waffles for J4.

D15 worked on ratios.  B12 worked on division and word problems.  P7 and J4 played together while I worked on a transcription.  Had to spend time working on the foot pedal because it wasn't responding.

Looked at D15's cursive writing assignment from yesterday and discussed it with it.  He redid it.

Discussed with P7 about being a peacemaker and a caretaker after she got into a shouting match with J4.  Sent her back to him to make it right.

Discussed division again with B12.

Finally put in my contacts because my glasses were starting to bug me.

Discussed David's writing from yesterday.  He decided he needed to add a few more descriptive words.

Found some STAT reports pop up on my work dashboard, so I grabbed 'em.

While I was making lunch, I discussed audition songs for D15 and P7.  D15 has a few options he's going through.  He wants to sing a portion of "Fireborn" but he's concerned that some of the lyrics might be too intense if the younger participants are in the audience.  I emailed the directors to get more details on how auditions will be held.  P7 wants to sing "Into the Unknown" from Frozen 2, but I'm certain she'll get shy and not sing it at all.  I asked her to practice it for me, but she refused.

Made baked ham and cheese sliders with barbecue sauce for lunch https://www.plantoeat.com/recipes/19312420/35240204, and started a loaf of bread in my bread machine.

Went outside to check on the plants and animals while I was eating my sandwich.  Discovered that B12 filled the roosters' water bowl this morning but failed to put in back in their pen, so I made him go out and do it while laying down a guilt trip about it being hot outside and the roosters can't get to their water dish.  There's still only one tiny zucchini on my plant.  The other plants are nothing but leaves.  I'm impatient about getting some vegetables on those plants.

Reviewed D15's descriptive writing.  Made some edit suggestions, mostly grammatical, and sent it to him for revision.  Also found and sent a "Rules for Commas" graphic.  https://elainthemiddle.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/rules-for-comma-usage/

Finished two transcriptions.  Made bed.  Started laundry.  Reminded B12 that his laundry needs folded and put away.  Cut the label off a bottle of Downy sent beads to use in the craft room for storing pipe cleaners.  Folded a load of towels.  B12 did some practice cursive.

D15 listed to The Ranger's Apprentice while he cleaned the kitchen.  There are quite a few books in the series.  I don't know which one he's on.  He also asked if he can make some boiled eggs.  He loves boiled eggs for a snack.

The dough was done in the breadmaker.  I put it in a pan to rise.

Reading and math with P7.  Letter G with J4.

I cut the kids' hair and cleaned up that mess.  Then put the laundry in the dryer and started another load.

Printed the family pictures I took a month and a half ago.

Bread is done rising.  Put it in the oven and set the timer for 20 minutes.  Started dinner while snacking on pico and corn chips.  Dinner is going to be a while because B12 has a Deacon's Quorum Presidency meeting at 6:00.

J4 had to serve a time-out because he wouldn't stop blowing out the candle that P7 wanted lit.  We had to explain that candles aren't only for parties.

I had to stop making dinner shortly after I started because Jared called and indicated he'd be late coming home from work; not very late, but late enough that I needed to take B12 to his meeting at the church.  So I got ready and left with B12 shortly after Jared walked in the door.  His uniform was wet and dirty because he had to traverse the Animas River to a strip of land that juts up in the middle where someone had reporting seeing human remains.  Turns out it was actually animal remains and no big deal, but Jared was wet and dirty nonetheless. 

I dove B12 to the church.  I sat in the parking lot to wait for him while I read a magazine.  I found some good book suggestions in the magazine that I added to my Goodreads account so that I'll hopefully read them one of these years.  Jared cleaned himself up and finished making dinner while I was gone. 

During dinner, we talked about several things, but we discussed what we want to do for our anniversary while P7 was clearing the table.  She began singing, "Lovebirds!  Lovebirds!  Mom and Dad are lovebirds!" and then giggling wildly. 

When I finally got up from the table, I tended to the laundry again, folding, moving stuff from the washer to the dryer, putting more stuff in the washer, and collecting laundry from the different bedrooms and bathrooms in the house. 

D15 cleaned the kitchen after dinner.  Jared read Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites with B12.  They take turns reading a page each so Jared can help B12 identify difficult words.  I took a shower and directed P7 and J4 to clean up some toys.  I made a couple of doll clothes hangers from paperclips for P7. 

I watched an episode of Man with a Plan, browsed Facebook, and called it a night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment