Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bugs





This morning was all about bugs.

Yesterday, came running in from outside yelling "Mama Mama! Come here I have to show you something!" This isn't an unusual occurrance around the Stock household as David is generally excitable, but he usually wants to show me his handprint in his sandbox or a bug that he swears looks like a teeny tiny chicken nugget. But this time he showed me the tiniest preying mantis I've ever ever seen. He was excited that it was still there when he went out today. It was so tiny, it was hard to get a pic of it, but I tried. That little green thingy at the top of the picture is it. To give a perspective, the blue thing on the left is a matchbox car.



Next, I found aphids (or at least that's what I think they are) all over my bushes out front. Again, I tried to take a picture of them, but they were so small that they didn't turn out on the picture. I love my bushes, in just a few weeks they'll grow these huge hibiscus looking blossoms all over. The bush in the picture grows white ones, the other grows purple. I was afraid that the bugs would kill my bushes, so we took a family outing to Lowes to get some bug spray.

David wanted to pose in front of the car before going to Lowes, so I had to take Braden's picture too.




And one of my daisies just because.

No comments:

Post a Comment