My husband's mom gave me this recipe, which she got from Aunt Shirley. I don't provide the measurements for some of the ingredients, so just put in what looks good. This is a good recipe to play around with.
What you need:
1 can of Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Chicken soup
1 can of Evaporated Milk
1 package of corn tortillas
1 4-oz can of green chiles
Shredded cheese (Mexican blend or Colby and Montery Jack)
Shredded or cubed cooked chicken
How to do it:
1. Mix soup, milk, chiles, onion, and chicken in a bowl.
2. Line an ungreased 9 x 13 casserole dish with tortillas, torn if needed to make them fit.
3. Spoon soup mixture on top of tortillas, just enough to cover.
4. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Repeat until you run out of soup mixture. I usually only get 2 layers.
6. Bake at 350 about 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
1. Omit onions
2. Use tortilla chips instead of corn tortillas