Friday, July 31, 2009

Whew! That's over... for now.

The past three weeks have been a blur. I've completed my annual 2-week training for the national guard, along with my weekend drill and a 4-day Commanders' Conference in Taos. Beginning today, I'm back to my regularly scheduled life. Jared worked his normal schedule during that time too, but he also worked plenty of overtime. Thank goodness for Jessica, she watched the boys that whole time, and even stayed here for a few days while I was in Taos and Jared was in Albuquerque for his Coaching conference.

My first couple of days I spent a the armory. I changed everything around up there. My training NCO was on leave, I'd kinda like to be a fly on the wall when he gets back and sees that I've moved absolutely everything!

Then came 10 more days, spent at the National High School Finals Rodeo. We helped the Sherriff's department with security. It was pretty neat though because it wasn't just them. Here's the list: Besides the Sherriffs and the National Guard, there were Farmington Police, Aztec Police, Bloomfield Police, San Juan County Fire Volunteers, Farmington Fire Department, EMS, and Homeland Security. Nothing too major happened out there, just the kids playing pranks. They drove a golf cart into the river, spraypainted a horse pink, got in waterfights, and other general mischief. There were also a couple of injuries and a couple of heat injuries.

Finally, I spent 4 days in Taos. The rooms they set us up with were amazing... king size bed, fireplace, 2 bathrooms, balcony, living suite. The lectures were generally boring though.

Jessica did great with the boys... took them swimming, to the library, to the childrens museum, all kinds of cool things.

I'm glad to be back home and back to my normal routine. I think the kids are pretty glad about it too. No more National Guard stuff til the 8th.

No comments:

Post a Comment